Tuesday, October 13, 2009

"Opportunity...

often comes in the form of misfortune, or temporary defeat."
- Napoleon Hill

So Dallas... was not what I expected, nor hoped it would be.  But that's life.  And if I want *this* to be my life, I will have to deal with it, learn from it, and move forward with the same attitude I have had since I began this journey. 
Let's face it, that's what this is - a journey.   If I earned my M.D and became an ER doctor and decided to quit after my first patient died, I'd be ... broke and lost.  Or, if I decided to start my own company - which I did- and decided to quit after I saw my first tax return was going to strip me of half of the money I earned that year, I'd also be ... broke and lost. 
Thank goodness I went through that first, right?!?!?  Haha


Now, I have the maturity to savor these moments








I was definitely way more confident in my swim, in this race. And my legs had it. My body said "no." So I listened to it (at least I can say that). And I am not discouraged (today - two days later... I know, Jasmine, I took a little more than my allotted 10 mins).
Coach and I have decided to give me the opportunity to end the season on a positive note and race once more in Orlando - has to be above 60 degrees there right?!?!?
After Orlando, it's a brief re-charge break, and then full-throttle into this off-season. Then, the next city on my mind will be Tuson, where hopefully I will get a true taste of professional training among a roster of amazing professional athletes.



But for now, I am focused on getting through this BIG training week. And keeping my eye on the prize - one last good race + one GREAT weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment